Advertisement for Visiting Chair Professorship Position
Centre of Excellence in Oil Gas and Energy (CoEOGE) at IIT Bombay invites expression of interests from eligible candidates for “CoEOGE Visiting Chair Professorship” position. Please find the Scope, Eligibility and Emoluments described below:
- The Visiting Chair Professor will be appointed for a period of 2 years, and may be extended once based on the performance appraisal
- The Visiting Chair Professor spending a period of 30 days in an year with a minimum of 10 days of stay during a single visit to IIT Bombay
- Providing students with a fresh perspective and help develop new ideas by delivering guest lectures to students and faculty and initiating work in the domain of their specialization.
- Engaging with other faculty members associated with CoEOGE to share new ideas, practices, create new programmes, and to provide support for enhancement of the scope and activities of CoEOGE
- Developing executive training programmes, to undertake outreach activities for upgradation of personnel from Oil and Gas sector PSUs
- Conducting extension programmes with an objective to strengthen industry partnerships of the Institute
- Helping CoEOGE projects as well as in the implementation of the project outcomes of CoEOGE in the industrial operations of the PSUs
- Help in developing industry-relevant training programs or/ workshops,and in the review process of seed and mission mode projects of the Centre.
Any of the following persons may be considered eligible
- An eminent industry professional with excellent professional accomplishments who is in-service or superannuated from the member PSUs of CoEOGE
- An eminent industry professional with excellent professional accomplishments who is retired from any oil, gas and energy industry and can impart visionary insights to the activities of CoEOGE by virtue of his/her rich industrial experience in the field. The person should not have any association that may have conflict of interest with the member PSUs of CoEOGE.
- An eminent researcher in the area of Oil, Gas and Energy, either from R&D labs of PSUs or national research institutes or national research labs from India or abroad.
(Note:- The selected Visiting Chair Professor/s will be bound by the NDA signed by IIT Bombay with PSUs for ensuring the confidentiality of discussions in the various forums of CoEOGE.)
Interested candidates may write to any of the CoEOGE associated faculty members who is working close to your area of expertise, with a detailed CV attached. The list of associated faculty members of CoEOGE is available in this Link Faculty List | Centre of Excellence in Oil, Gas and Energy (iitb.ac.in). Please mark a copy of your email to pic.coeoge [at] iitb.ac.in and office.coeoge [at] iitb.ac.in for reference.